WPaudio MP3 player not working with WordPress 3.2.1. Anybody have a fix? Thanks!
Found the fix! (thanks Ursula)
Just so the answer is here as well, I followed these steps:
Search for href$=.mp3 and replace by href$=”.mp3″
(ie. add the quotation marks before/after .mp3)
14 comments on “WPaudio not working with WordPress 3.2.1”
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
AGAIN AND AGAIN. Lifesaver, you.
whoa, thanks a million. always liked ursula better than arial =]
For some reason the player will work for some mp3’s but not for others. It was like this before I add the quotes, but I added the quotes to href$=.mp3 hoping that it would allow all the mp3’s to play but it hasn’t changed anything. Can anyone help me out?
Fantastic! Thank you!
That fix works for my site but if I click on the individual post that contains the mp3 it no longer works. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
That worked perfectly! Thanks for the fix!
Well, I did that and it didn’t work. I used to have a simple player alongside each track, now they are all converted to links that go to a non-functioning mp3 page. I’ll keep at it for a bit but I’m not all that tech savvy. Any help would be appreciated.
Well after an hour of farting around I have discovered it actually does work now, just not in Chrome. Firefox, Explorer and Safari seem to be working properly but I don’t have any idea why – some were redirecting to a new page while others were trying to initiate a download. Here’s what I did, but unfortunately I did it all in Chrome, which still doesn’t work. Maybe one of these steps fixed it in all the other browsers:
– updated the code as above (didn’t work)
– deactivated WPaudio and installed Audio (didn’t work)
– deleted all the MP3s in the library and reuploaded them (didn’t work)
– deleted the page and rewrote it from scratch, inserting the MP3s using the media button (didn’t work)
– deactivated Audio and reactivated WPaudio (didn’t work)
– checked and saved WPaudio settings (didn’t work)
– checked in other browsers after refreshing the page (worked in everything but Chrome)
Thanks. That would have taken me several years to work out.
Thanks it worked 🙂
You are a god.